Back to previous page
Here is your degree.
ABE - ELEMENTARY EDUCATION
The Advanced Associate in Bible and Education (Elementary) degree is a three-year program for students who wish to combine biblical training with preparation for elementary teaching.
Download the PDF for this degree to see full details including the recommended course of study (schedule).
1. Demonstrate a foundational knowledge of the Bible.
2. Express a Christian worldview as a professional educator that interfaces with contemporary cultural issues.
3. Demonstrate basic proficiency in exegesis and communication skills.
4. Complete a Bachelor’s degree in elementary education.
23 hours in Biblical Studies
27 hours in General Studies
3 hours in Professional Studies
43 hours in MSSU/Vocational Studies
1. Admission to teacher education program requires at least an enhanced ACT score of 20 or SAT (vm) score of 800.
2. Transfer hours must be C or higher.
3. Must have 55 hours completed before entering Junior Block.
4. Must pass C-Base exam (235) prior to the Junior Block of Education courses. All prerequisites must be fulfilled.
5. Full admission to teacher education must be filed during enrollment in Pedagogy Course (ED 329).
6. To enter and continue in the Elementary Education Program, the student must maintain a GPA of 2.75.
7. Must take a minimum of 40 hours in upper division courses.
8. No more than 12 hours of correspondence can be used.
9. At least 30 of the final 36 hours must be taken in residence at MSSU.
10. A general education and departmental exit exam must be passed in order to complete the degree requirements (Provis II Specialty Area Test).
11. Certification requirements are determined by the state and are therefore subject to change. Students are advised to maintain close contact with their advisor and the Education Department.